Now is the perfect time to learn how to write a book in 30 days that will help your coaching business get to the next level. With people being isolated at home because of the Corona Virus, this gives you a great opportunity to appear in front of your target audience.
Let’s get started!
Figure Out The Main Objective in Your Book
Before you start pounding away at the keyboard, it is imperative that you have a main point or goal of your book. This is where your target audience comes in handy, and good ole fashioned research!
Things you should consider
- Who is your target audience?
- What do problem are they having that you can provide a solution to?
- If there is a solution already out there, can you do something improve the soluton? Can you make it simpler? Faster? More Effective?
Length Of Your Book
You need to decide the length that you want your book to be. If it’s a shorter work, or you’ve never written a book before, you may want to aim for 10,000 to 25,0000 words.
The next step is to figure out how many chapters your book is going to include.
To do this first we have to estimate the total amount of words in a chapter. Typically this is 2,500 to 3,000 words. Anything higher than that can seem too dragged out and push your readers away. Anything lower than 2,5000-3,000 words may feel too short to the reader.
Now you take the total amount of words and divide them by 3,000 words. This will be the amount of chapters you will need for to reach your goal.
Outline and Structure
Now you need to plan your chapters.
Here are a few things to remember:
- Focus on your topic.
- Include one to three mini sections per each chapter that you want to emphasize on.
here’s an example:
Chapter One: Dating Online:
- Dicuss different dating websites and their uses.
- How to create a swoon-worthy profile.
- Red-Flags to Avoid
The Writing Process
The second phase of writing your book in 30 days is to begin writing.
- Set up a schedule and how many words you are going to write a day. Stick to it.
- If you have pets, children, or chores, make sure you get these things done first.
- Write in hourly increments. If this is too much at first do it in 30-minute intervals.
- Remember to take breaks.
- As you finish each chapter use Grammarly, or Pro Writing Aid to check for grammar and spelling errors.
- When you have finished writing each chapter give them one more look through.
- Hire an Editor. I know people roll their eyes at this part or think they can do it themselves. However, a professional editor will ensure that the words pace smoothly, check for spelling and grammar errors, you may have missed, and ensure that your points are crystal clear to the reader. Editors can also format your book for you if you need that as well.
- Design a Book Cover. Whether you hire someone or you do it yourself here are a few tips to help:
- Your design cover should reflect your main focus of your book
- Use a program like Photoshop or Canva to ensure creating a book cover that is high quality.
- Use stock photos if you aren’t a photographer. Make sure you have permission usually websites will emphaize and what they allow with their photos.
- When picking fonts, it should be clean, and easy to read.
- Choose colors that are calm and welcoming, or neon-and vibrant. The right color scheme can really help boost your sales.
There you have it a simple and easy guide on how to write book in 30 days. As always share your thoughts on this post below!